San Diego, CA
Manager, A&E is responsible for providing direction and oversight to the A&E department within Md7. This position will work closely with the VP of Engineering to establish the A&E department, including the hiring of personnel, and the establishment of standards, processes, procedures, and quality control measures for the performance of architectural and engineering drawings & services to the telecom industry. Manager, A&E will work closely with the VP of Engineering and Md7 staff to ensure compliance and delivery, on all telecommunication projects, in such a manner as to provide the highest quality of services to Md7 customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- 35% Provide direction and oversight to PMs, CADD draftsmen and outside consultants in the preparation of architectural & engineering drawings and specifications.
- 10% Hire and train PMs and CADD specialists for the A&E department.
- 15% Establish internal standards, processes, procedures and quality control measures for the A&E department.
- 10% Establish a data base of architectural details related to be utilized on telecommunication projects.
- 10% Ensure strict adherence to International Building code and state and local codes and ordinances.
- 10% Utilize internal Md7 tracking databases and project management tools to communicate status, manage projects, and provide detailed reporting.
Other Job Functions:
- 5% Provide mentoring and training of A&E personnel.
- 5% Ensure compliance with the Md7 set of Core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of the International Building Code required
- Strong ability to create architectural details required.
- Strong knowledge of engineering and construction practices, methods, and procedures required
- Strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and the ability to compose construction drawings required
- Minimum 5 years performing architectural and engineering drawings & services for the telecom industry.
- Past experience managing PMs and CADD personnel
Special Skills Required:
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to understand and interpret key documents such as site surveys, soils reports, structural reports, architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to interpret documents such as contracts, RFPs, bids, and leases.
- Ability to write and communicate coherent and succinct updates on progress against goals and initiatives.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Professional License in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.
How to Apply: Please call our job line at 858-766-6001. We look forward to speaking with you!
Disclaimer: Md7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.