San Diego, CA
Working under the supervision of the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance, the position will be responsible for a range of accounting duties supporting Company accounting operations and the month end close process. Ideal candidates will have a strong accounting knowledge and will be able to be flexible to a variety of roles and responsibilities in a small accounting department supporting world-wide operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the month end close process and financial reporting by preparing audit schedules, reconciliations, and entry of transactions into the accounting system.
- Analyze general ledger accounts to identify trends and ensure entries are being booked correctly.
- Coordinate the collection of information from other departments for information required in the month end close process with frequent follow ups if needed.
- Provide as needed assistance to other accounting team members with a variety of tasks including customer invoicing, purchase order preparation, check printing, or administrative tasks.
- Ensure that all entries are coded to the correct GL and dated appropriately.
- Maintain internal controls and suggest improvements.
- Review unpaid invoicing reports to identify missed payments or rejected invoices, follow up with internal and external sources frequently to resolve issues.
- Assist operations departments in analyzing financial information needed to complete invoicing and improve productivity.
- Compile data necessary for customer and governmental reporting requirements.
- Prepare documents for external auditors.
- Build and update financial models for review by the Director of Finance and executive management.
Other Job Functions:
- Analyze existing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Interactions with customers via email and occasionally phone.
- Willingness to assist with administrative level tasks as needed along with the aptitude to find solutions to more complex problems and tasks.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting or related field
Special Skills Required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable emailing and speaking with internal departments and external customers/vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Motivation to identify work that needs to be done without waiting for direction.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Dynamics GP or similar accounting systems.
- Strong understanding of GAAP Accounting. CPA would be a plus.
- Experience with database systems, Power Query, or more advanced technical knowledge is a plus.
- Some understanding of, or experience with international accounting standards and VAT is a plus.