The Director of Business Development is a sales relationship manager with extensive experience creating new leads and establishing high level relationships within wireless carriers. This position helps secure new client contracts for the provision of third party services to such clients. Such services would center on the negotiation, financing, management and/or administration of wireless site leases. Coordinates with Operations, Finance, Legal/Contracts and other internal staff members to develop proposals and close deals. Extensive wireless experience and related client connections within corporate entities are valuable elements helpful for success.
Essential Job Functions:
- 35-55% Prospect for and identify new business opportunities with wireless carriers within assigned territories/projects/etc. Identify and develop relationships with key contacts in these companies to understand their desire and needs for Md7’s negotiation, financing, management, and/or administration services or other product offerings. Prepare and customize presentation and proposal materials, including coordination with various departments for specific data, processes and timelines. Must be able to independently develop and manage his or her own acquisition pipeline and meet or exceed performance metrics. Manage wireless carrier accounts/projects from inception to closing. Negotiate business terms according to corporate guidelines. Responsible for maintaining and managing the client’s expectations and able to recommend business solutions/ alternatives for projects.
- 20-30% Prospect for and identify additional business opportunities with existing wireless carriers within assigned territories/projects/etc. Understand client’s desires and needs for Md7’s negotiation, financing, management, and/or administration services or other product offerings. Prepare and customize presentation and proposal materials, including coordination with various department for specific data, processes and timelines. Negotiate business terms according to corporate guidelines. Responsible for maintaining and managing the client’s expectations and able to recommend business solutions/alternatives for projects.
- 5-10% Act as the primary liaison between the client and Md7’s Executive team and other stakeholders in the planning and implementation of assigned projects.
- 5-10% Forecast, maintain and report acquisition pipeline and drive deal closure within assigned territories/projects/etc.
- 5-10% Maintain account, contact, and opportunity information in CRM application.
- 15-25% Business travel by car and/or air is required 15-25% of the time, including overnight and weekend travel.
Other Job Functions:
- 5-15% Provide support for non-assigned projects, assist and cooperate with other co-workers as needed and requested.
- 5-10% Other projects and tasks as necessary.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
General office equipment (computer, phone, etc.).
- General office environment.
- Moderate to frequent travel is required (by air and automobile).