full-time - Compensation not specified
full-time - Compensation not specified
Md7 is a specialized site development and real estate portfolio management company serving the wireless telecommunications industry. We provide turnkey site acquisition, architectural and engineering, and construction management services for wireless network infrastructure. We leverage process, technology, and experience to find innovative and efficient solutions and help our clients develop more cell sites, at a faster pace and lower cost than ever before. On the portfolio management side, our team of experts in accounting, finance, law, operations and technology has applied its deep industry experience to benefit a complement of wireless operators and tower companies that are among the largest in the world. Md7 has served the wireless industry since 2003. We are a fast-paced, aggressive mid-sized company positioned for growth.
This Counsel position will provide negotiation, due diligence, and high-level administrative support for leases and rental stream purchase and sales transactions involving wireless network infrastructure sites in Germany. Counsel will be responsible for contract drafting, employment, and other general corporate legal matters. Counsel must be familiar with property conveyances, title issues, site drawings and property surveys. Counsel will assist with the recordation of documents in the land registry/public record. Counsel will work with Md7 Lease Consultants, Md7 Lease Processors, Project Managers and Supervisors, the Md7 Title Department and Md7’s Legal Department, as well as the Client’s business teams and legal counsel, to ensure that the transaction documents and client package submissions meet project parameters and Client and Md7 guidelines. The goal of the Counsel position will be to decrease cycle times and maintain a high and uniform level of sophistication and professionalism in team lease negotiations and Client package submissions across all German-based projects. Counsel may also be asked to assist with other Company projects from time to time. This position will report to the General Counsel, who is based in the United States. The ideal candidate will be based in Dublin, but candidates based in Maastricht or Luxembourg will be strongly considered. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Negotiate leases, easements, and purchase and sale agreements with land owners
- Prepare and submit complex requests for business term and legal approvals with respect to company negotiated real estate transactions
- Work with HR, Operations, and Administrative staff to address corporate legal matters as they arise
- Review and prepare real estate transaction documents, including non-standard contract language as necessary, and assist in the preparation of an internal Md7 language bank for non-standard provisions approved for use in Client projects
- Record real estate documents in the land registry/public record
- Review and draft client and vendor contracts
Required Skills and Experience
- Legal training/degree
- Fluent German
- Wireless telecommunications experience preferred
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize
- Effective time management skills, including adherence to deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate or persuade others to take action
- Self-motivated with initiative to work effectively without direct supervision
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Md7 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.Md7 complies with applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Md7 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.