San Diego, CA
5G is changing the world. Be part of that change. Md7, a leading provider of innovative solutions to help mobile network operators is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented CAD Designer to expand the team.
- Do you love minding the details?
- Are you the one friends ask to double check their work?
- Does supporting teammates and clients in a high energy, fast paced office excite you?
- Do you have an interest in being an integral part of the company’s growth?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on. As our organization continues to evolve and grow, we find ourselves looking for a new team member to assist us in delivering a high-quality experience to every client, every time.
The CAD Designer is responsible for preparing detailed architectural and engineering drawings and specifications for MD7 clients within the telecom industry. The CAD Designer will ensure all drawings follow company standards and state and local codes and ordinances. Additionally, the CAD Designer will attend site visits as necessary to obtain field measurements and photos to complete the drawings. The CAD Designer will ensure compliance and delivery on all telecommunication projects, in such a manner as to provide the highest quality of services to MD7 customers.
Major goals and responsibilities:
- Accurately and effectively prepare architectural & engineering drawings, analysis, and specifications by agreed upon deadlines.
- Ensure drawings adhere to company standards, as well as, state and local codes / ordinances.
- Support Director of Architecture & Engineering as needed for projects and special assignments
- 60% Preparation of architectural & engineering drawings, analysis, and specifications utilizing AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and other proprietary calculation sheets.
- 15% Modify drawings and analysis per redline mark-ups from A&E staff.
- 10% Ensure drawings are following company standards and state and local codes and ordinances.
- 10% Attend field site walks to obtain site measurements and photos of field conditions.
- 5% Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by Director of A&E Operations.
Key Characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills for calculations and organization.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office (including Outlook and Word).
- Ability to manage one’s own time and to properly prioritize tasks in order to complete projects accurately and on time, consistently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Able to sit, research and process documents on a computer for long periods at a time required.
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- 2-3 yrs. experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software.
- Good working knowledge of architectural and engineering practices, methods, and procedures.
- Preferred: 1-3 yrs. experience creating construction drawings.
- Preferred: 1-3 yrs. experience performing architectural and engineering drawings for wireless carriers within the Telecom industry.
Md7 Core Values
Our Vision and Core Values are both foundational and aspirational at the same time. We never quit striving to improve. We’re always looking to recruit exceptional talent that share in these values as well.
We want to be able to continuously innovate to empower success. That’s why, in addition to exciting career opportunities throughout the world, we also provide the best training in the industry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Commensurate with Experience
Full Time Employment
How to Apply: Please call our job line at 858-766-6001. We look forward to speaking with you!