San Diego, CA
The CAD Designer is responsible for preparing detailed architectural and engineering drawings and specifications for MD7 clients within the telecom industry. The CAD Designer will ensure all drawings are in compliance with company standards and state and local codes and ordinances. Additionally, the CAD Designer will attend site visits as necessary to obtain field measurements and photos to complete the drawings. The CAD Designer will ensure compliance and delivery on all telecommunication projects, in such a manner as to provide the highest quality of services to MD7 customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- 50% Preparation of architectural & engineering drawings and specifications utilizing AutoCAD.
- 10% Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by Director of A&E Operations.
- 20% Attend field site walks to obtain site measurements and photos of field conditions.
- 10% Modify drawings per Redline mark-ups from engineering staff.
- 5% Establish data base of architectural details to be utilized on telecommunication projects.
- 5% Ensure drawings are in compliance with company standards and state and local codes and ordinances.
- College degree preferred in architecture or engineering.
- Prepared drawings for new site builds, modifications, DAS systems and small cells.
- Good knowledge of architectural and engineering practices, methods, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and the ability to compose construction drawings.
- 5 yrs. experience in performing architectural and engineering drawings for wireless carriers within the telecom industry preferred.