San Diego, CA
Manager, A&E is responsible for providing direction and oversight to the A&E department within Md7. This position will work closely with the VP of Engineering to establish the A&E department, including the hiring of personnel, and the establishment of standards, processes, procedures, and quality control measures for the performance of architectural and engineering drawings & services to the telecom industry. Manager, A&E will work closely with the VP of Engineering and Md7 staff to ensure compliance and delivery, on all telecommunication projects, in such a manner as to provide the highest quality of services to Md7 customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- 35% Provide direction and oversight to PMs, CADD draftsmen and outside consultants in the preparation of architectural & engineering drawings and specifications.
- 10% Hire and train PMs and CADD specialists for the A&E department.
- 15% Establish internal standards, processes, procedures and quality control measures for the A&E department.
- 10% Establish a data base of architectural details related to be utilized on telecommunication projects.
- 10% Ensure strict adherence to International Building code and state and local codes and ordinances.
- 10% Utilize internal Md7 tracking databases and project management tools to communicate status, manage projects, and provide detailed reporting.
Other Job Functions:
- 5% Provide mentoring and training of A&E personnel.
- 5% Ensure compliance with the Md7 set of Core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of the International Building Code required
- Strong ability to create architectural details required.
- Strong knowledge of engineering and construction practices, methods, and procedures required
- Strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and the ability to compose construction drawings required
- Minimum 5 years performing architectural and engineering drawings & services for the telecom industry.
- Past experience managing PMs and CADD personnel
Special Skills Required:
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to understand and interpret key documents such as site surveys, soils reports, structural reports, architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to interpret documents such as contracts, RFPs, bids, and leases.
- Ability to write and communicate coherent and succinct updates on progress against goals and initiatives.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Professional License in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.