Md7 Vision and Purpose
The Md7 Vision and Purpose statement is just seven words long.
Developing innovative solutions for communication networks globally
You would think that anyone could easily write a seven-word statement. However, this particular seven-word statement took the leadership team at Md7 over six years to develop. Md7 was founded in January 2003 and wrote this statement in January 2009, in conjunction with our six defining core values.
The leadership team at Md7 actually labored quite a lot over these defining seven words. We went through several drafts but none felt as if it would survive the test of time. We were inspired by the book, Built to Last by Jim Collins (the book that predated Collin’s more well-known book Good to Great) to define a purpose that would last for 100 years. We talked about developing something that our great-grandchildren would continue to use if they were leading this company in the year 2109.
In chapter 11 of Built to Last, Collins states that a company’s purpose should tap its “idealistic motives” and get to “the deeper reasons for an organization’s existence.” He quotes David Packard, co-founder of Hewlett-Packard, as saying “I think many people assume, wrongly, that a company exists solely to make money. While this is an important result of a company’s existence, we have to go deeper and find the real reason for our being.”
The team at Md7 looks forward to what the next 95 years of innovation may bring.
Md7 Signs Lease for new International Headquarters
DUBLIN— Md7 has doubled its size in The Capel Building, relocating from its previous suite in the same building. Md7 now occupies a prime suite on the main floor of The Capel Building, Mary’s Abbey Dublin, Ireland. The new space will serve as the company’s international headquarters.
“We are please to continue our tenancy in The Capel Building. We have expanded in order to support the operations of our growing business,” said Md7 International President & CTO Mark Christenson. “The new space allows us to more effectively build the culture that serves as the foundation for serving our customers in Ireland, the UK and Europe.”
The Capel Building is located at the intersection of Mary’s Abbey and Capel Street between The Four Courts and the Jervis Street Centre. The Building is within easy reach of Dublin Castle, The Four Courts and The Law Library. The Property is in close proximity to public transportation routes. The space features suspended ceilings and an open plan as well as offices and meeting rooms.
Md7 is a real estate portfolio management and consulting company for the wireless telecommunications industry. Their experience and proprietary systems create greater efficiencies and significant cost savings for the largest wireless operators in the world. They offer deep industry expertise, integrity, technical know-how and innovative solutions. They help wireless operators manage their cell site leases, landlord relationships and all their real estate-related issues. With offices in the US and Europe, Md7 is uniquely positioned to expertly manage any and every lease portfolio.
Md7 Signs Lease to Relocate North American Headquarters to Torrey View Corporate Center
SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Irvine Company today announced that Md7, a company that focuses on cell site leases for wireless operators throughout the world, has signed a lease to occupy nearly 24,000 square feet at 10590 West Ocean Air Drive in San Diego. The new location will serve as the fast-growing firm’s North American headquarters.
Md7 will occupy the entire third floor of the three-story Class-A office building, which is located in Torrey View Corporate Center in Del Mar Heights. Md7 will relocate from its current Valley Centre Drive location in mid-December. Terms of the lease were not disclosed.
“Md7 is admired internationally as a highly innovative and creative company, and we’re very proud that they chose to relocate to our West Ocean Air Drive property in Torrey View Corporate Center,” said John Turner, Regional Vice President, San Diego, Irvine Company Office Properties.
“We are pleased to be moving to Torrey View Corporate Center. We will have a purpose-built facility that will enhance the operations of our growing business,” said Md7 Chief Executive Officer Michael Gianni. “The new building allows us to take advantage of the current real estate market for years to come and will also create an environment where we can deliver value to our customers in the U.S. and Europe.”
Comprising 71,000 square feet of Class A office space, 10590 West Ocean Air Drive offers companies efficient and innovative floor plates, private balconies on select suites, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Torrey Pines. The property also has excellent freeway visibility, and is just one block east of Vista Sorrento Parkway and a half-mile to the new Carmel Mountain Road on- and off-ramp, which provides immediate access to the I-5 and I-805 freeways. Nearby conveniences include San Diego’s acclaimed beaches, residential communities, retail centers, restaurants, hotels and Del Mar Race Track and Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Md7 is a specialized real estate portfolio management company that identifies and develops asset optimization and expense reduction initiatives for wireless telecommunications operators. Using proprietary techniques and modeling, Md7 provides a highly efficient property management system for the unique commercial real estate interests of wireless operators. The Md7 suite of services focuses on lease management of cell site portfolios. With U.S. and European international headquarters in San Diego, Calif. and Dublin, Ireland, respectively, Md7 has become a proven partner of top wireless corporations and a sophisticated source of funding thanks to a uniquely qualified and structured finance, real estate, legal, operations and technology team. Information about us is located at https://www.md7.com. Learn more about the company at https://www.md7.com/blog, or follow the Md7 Twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/md7llc or YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/md7llc.
About the Irvine Company
Founded in 1864, the Irvine Company is an internationally renowned real estate development company known for its award-winning master-planned communities, its vast portfolio of high-quality investment properties, and its leadership in conservation and natural resource management. The growing real estate portfolio encompasses office, apartment, retail and resort holdings located throughout California’s premier markets, including assets in San Diego, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties, and holdings in Northern California. As a steward of some of America’s most beautiful and scientifically important open space and parklands, the company has donated to Orange County more than half of the historic 93,000-acre Irvine Ranch in Orange County — 50,000 acres — to permanently preserve these lands. The U.S. Department of Interior and the State of California have designated these parklands as “Natural Landmarks,” one of the most prestigious land preservation designations. The privately held, diversified company traces its roots to the 1860s with the formation of The Irvine Ranch® from Mexican and Spanish land grants.
Md7 Launches New Website That Shows Both Cellular Operators and Cell Site Landlords How to Love Their Lease
SAN DIEGO, CA — (PRWeb – April 5, 2010) – Cell site real estate expert Md7 has launched a new website that features strategies that can help both cellular operators and cell site landlords to get the most value from their cell site leases. A pioneer in real estate asset management for the wireless industry, Md7 has launched the site as part of its commitment to take a leadership role in global wireless asset management and administration.
As an authorized agent of some of the largest wireless operators around the world, Md7 has helped operators make their cell site portfolios more flexible and efficient. Md7.com outlines how industry players can meet the evolving needs of modern wireless networks, whether it’s related to deploying LTE and 4G or addressing how operators can respond to the challenge of declining average revenue per user (ARPU). The new site also showcases industry articles on the business of cell site leasing.
The new website offers testimonials from satisfied landlords who describe how they have benefited from Md7 programs. Plus, it features tips on how landlords can make themselves better partners of their wireless operator tenants and protect their leases from industry predators and false claims.
“We’ve built our reputation upon solid, long-term relationships with both landlords and operators based on our integrity, deep industry expertise, technical know-how and innovative solutions,” said Sudeep Gupta, Vice President of Marketing for Md7. “Our new website supports our endeavor to educate both constituencies on how Md7 is changing the way the wireless industry manages cell site real estate.”
Md7 is a specialized real estate portfolio management company that identifies and develops asset optimization and expense reduction initiatives for wireless and wireline telecommunications operators. Through proprietary financial engineering, Md7 provides a highly efficient property management system for the unique commercial real estate interests of wireless carriers. The Md7 suite of services focuses on lease management of cell site portfolios. With both US and European international headquarters in San Diego and London, Md7 has become a proven partner of top wireless corporations and a sophisticated source of funding thanks to a uniquely qualified and structured finance, real estate, legal, operations and technology team.
CommNexus Strengthens Industry Influence: Elects Ten New Board Directors
SAN DIEGO, CA — (CommNexus, March 5, 2010) – Continuing to build on their mission to accelerate the success of technology companies in San Diego, CommNexus announces the election of ten new members to its Board of Directors. Encompassing growing industry sectors such as energy, smart grid and wireless health, the organization positions itself to make an impact on the broader technology community by creating opportunities for collaboration within these areas. These C-level leaders will join an active board comprised of industry leaders such as Qualcomm, Nokia, LG Electronics and Verizon Wireless.
“San Diego is fortunate to have such an impressive array of talent to help drive the CommNexus mission of providing companies value through new business development, talent retention and access to capital” said Rory Moore, CEO. “Adding these high level executives to our Board is not only another notable milestone for our organization, but sends the message that CommNexus is ‘the place to be’ to truly transform San Diego’s innovation economy” said John Major, Chairman.
New Board Directors include:
- Sony Electronics, Inc. – Stan Glasgow, President & COO. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Sony is a leading audio-visual electronics and information technology company in the U.S. and internationally with $78.8 billion annual sales last year and 171,300 employees worldwide. Operations include research and development, design, engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service.
- CareFusion – David L. Schlotterbeck, Chairman & CEO. A global corporation headquartered in San Diego, they employ more than 15,000 people in more than 20 countries. Serving the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care, CareFusion generated revenue of $4.5 billion in 2008 and 2009.
- Nokia, Inc. – Keith Hartsfield, Vice President of CDMA. Hartsfield leads Nokia’s Global CDMA business with a focus on Verizon Wireless in North America and with China Telecom in China. Nokia combines advanced technology with personalized services that enable people to stay close to what matters to them. The world’s largest cell phone manufacturer, Nokia now serves more than 1.2 billion people globally. In 2009, Nokia’s net sales were EUR 41.0 billion with an operating profit of EUR 1.2 billon.
- Nokia, Inc. – Larry Paulson, Former Senior Vice President & General Manager. Paulson joined Nokia in 1987, was a pioneer in their cell phone business. He has served as President of Technophone Corporation, a Nokia owned subsidiary, President of Nokia Product Corporation, another wholly owned subsidiary and Vice President of Americas Business Development. Every day, more than 1.2 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia device – from mobile phones to advanced smartphones and high-performance mobile computers.
- ViaSat – Richard Baldridge, President & COO. The Carlsbad based satellite and digital communications company builds products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location in both the commercial and government sectors. The company employs over 2,100 professional and support personnel and annual revenues hit a record $628 million last fiscal year.
- Md7 – Michael Gianni, Founder and CEO. One of the world’s leading independent tower lease services companies, Md7 is a financial and operations services company that is committed to alleviating real estate costs associated with doing business in the wireless industry. Prior to Md7, Michael utilized his extensive entrepreneurial expertise to build Gianni & Associates, a $1.5-million construction company he grew to a $20-million services organization providing site acquisition, zoning, construction and equipment installation services to the wireless industry.
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) – Chris Baker, CIO & Senior Vice President, Shared Services. SDG&E is a regulated public utility that provides safe and reliable energy service to 3.4 million consumers through 1.4 million electric meters and more than 840,000 natural gas meters in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is a leader in SmartGrid design advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
- Cooley Godward Kronish – Frederick T. Muto, Partner. Established in 1920, the firm today has nine offices and approximately 650 attorneys practicing law. Muto is the co-founder of the San Diego office where he specializes in corporate and securities law with an emphasis on representing emerging and public technology and growth companies. He has represented companies and investment banks in well over 100 public offerings.
- Mintz Levin – Eddie Rodriguez, Managing Member. Rodriguez’s practice is focused on a full range of corporate and securities matters, including corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, venture financing, technology licensing, and general business counseling for both public and private companies. Eddie has represented clients in over 200 mergers and acquisition transactions and has represented investors and private companies in numerous private equity financings valued in excess of $200 million.
- Morrison and Foerster – Steve Rowles, Partner. Founded in 1883, Morrison & Foerster is a global firm with over 1000 lawyers in key technology and financial centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Rowles has extensive industry experience in both the technology and life sciences arenas. He has served as lead counsel on myriad mergers and acquisitions and securities transactions, including public offerings aggregating in excess of $1 billion dollars in proceeds and over 100 acquisition transactions.
About CommNexus San Diego
CommNexus San Diego is a non-profit network of communication companies that works to accelerate the formation, growth, and success of communications technology and service companies in the region. It introduces international markets to local emerging technologies and positions San Diego as a world center for communications technology innovation. CommNexus’ programs and on-line services provide business development and funding assistance to emerging companies. Programs include: MarketLinkTM, which introduces regional companies to multi- national corporations via high-tech speed dates; EvoNexusTM a non-profit incubator for start-up ventures; JobNexusTM, which provides a focused venue for tech industry jobs in San Diego; NextStageTM which prepares emerging companies for the next step in developing their business; Special Interest Groups (SIGs) regularly scheduled panel discussions which examine key issues in the industry. CommNexus San Diego was established in 1998 and assists over 100 companies annually. For more information, please visit www.commnexus.org.
For additional inquiries:
E-mail – email@example.com Phone – 858.877.794
Noted Telecom Industry Executive Joins Md7 Advisory Board
SAN DIEGO, CA–(Marketwire – December 2, 2009) – Md7, a pioneer in real estate asset management for the wireless telecommunications industry, named Dion Joannou, previously Chief Strategy Officer and President of Nortel Networks of North America, to its Advisory Board. Joannou’s appointment as the Advisory Board’s inaugural member marks Md7’s commitment to take a leadership role in global wireless asset management and administration.
“As wireless operators migrate to LTE and 4G, our customers rely on Md7 to help them reduce their operating costs, so it’s invaluable to have an industry veteran with a winning career contributing his experience and insight to our forward planning,” said Michael Gianni, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Md7.
Highlights of Joannou’s 14-year career at Nortel Networks include serving as the company’s Chief Strategy Officer and President of North America. Prior to his departure from Nortel in August 2007, Joannou was responsible for over 50% of Nortel’s revenues totaling between $5 and $6 billion. In the years following, Joannou has served on select boards, advising the executive teams of several notable enterprises. He holds a BA from Southern Illinois University and an MBA from the University of Miami in Florida.
Md7 is a specialized real estate portfolio management company that identifies and develops asset optimization and expense reduction initiatives for wireless and wireline telecommunications operators. Through proprietary financial engineering, Md7 provides a highly efficient property management system for the unique commercial real estate interests of wireless carriers. The Md7 suite of services focuses on lease administration and management of cell site portfolios. With both US and European international headquarters in San Diego and London, Md7 has become a proven partner of top wireless corporations and a sophisticated source of funding thanks to a uniquely qualified and structured finance, real estate, legal, operations and technology team.